Saturday, June 14, 2008

25 EP for Americans, 1 EP for Arabs

I took a great picture today that actually listed the blatant racism in Egypt. If you are Arabic you can get into many sites for dirt cheap. I understand if you are Egyptian, but this racism is just one of the many reasons you should never visit. But I'm going to counter with many more reasons why you should.

Don't visit Egypt
- Every Egpytian will try to rip you off. Guaranteed. Even if they are 2 months old.
- Egyptians demand tips. And they ask for more when you do tip them. I've learned that you don't need to tip them - they're ripping you off anyway.
- The friendly facade will instantly disappear when you do not buy/tip. They aren't excited for you to be here - they're excited for your wallet to be here.
- The blatant racism stated above.
- The disorganation of everything
- No set prices at stores

Visit Egypt. You'll love it.
- The prices are cheap. Dirt cheap. I can buy (after much arguing) a 1.5L bottle of water for 2 EP. That is about $0.37 USD
- It is unique. The country has made it's own type of degree - Egpytology.
- You won't experience the authenticity anywhere else.
- You will sweat off 345 pounds.
- The pyramids.
- When it's all said and done, you get a good experience for a decent price. Even if they do rip you off they 1) could use the money and 2)you're getting a better deal than you would in the states.

I have a love/hate relationship with Egypt. I blame the fact that the graffiti was not in hieroglyphics like I wanted it to be and because all Egyptians are greedy and scammy. It may sound rude but you'll understand when you visit. Which I highly reccomend.

Update

No comments:

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.TrevorBolliger.com
and update your bookmarks.